This version in effect since January 2006
Protecting your privacy is important to Virani Real Estate Advisors (‘VREA’). This Policy explains how VREA collects, uses, and discloses the personal information you may provide while using VREA’s websites, (all entities under this ‘Website’ and collectively called the ‘Websites’) and the services provided through the Websites. It is always your choice whether or not to provide personal information through the Websites. Any personal information you provide will be treated with care and, subject to this Policy, will not be used or disclosed in ways to which you have not consented.
1. By using a Website or submitting information to VREA through or in connection with a Website, you signify your consent to VREA’s collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, you may not use a Website or submit information to VREA through or in connection with a Website.
Information Automatically Collected
2. Non-Personal Information – As is typical with many other Internet web sites, the Websites automatically collect certain non-personal information regarding Website users, such as the date and time you access the Website, the Internet address of the web site from which you linked to the Website, the operating system you are using, and the Website pages read and images viewed. This non-personal information is used for Website and system administration purposes and to improve the Websites. Non-personal information may be disclosed to others and permanently retained for future use.
3. Cookies – The Websites use ‘cookies’, a technology that installs a small amount of information on a Website user’s computer to permit the Website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Websites. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Website (so you do not have to enter your personal information every time), offer personalized web page content and information for your use and otherwise facilitate your Website experience. Advertisements displayed on the Websites may also contain cookies or other technologies. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Websites and your ability to access certain features of the Websites.
(a)The Vlist uses Google’s remarketing on our site in order to show you ads on other sites around the internet. The purpose is to bring you back to TheVlist and our other properties in order to inform you more about our services.
(b)Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites around the internet
Personal Information You Specifically Provide
4. Your Personal Information : In your dealings with VREA and during your use of the Websites, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information (such as your personal name, age, email address, postal address, telephone number, place of employment, work experience and credit card information) for purposes such as registering and paying for a professional certification, facilitating communications with you or facilitating your use of the Websites. If you choose not to provide certain requested personal information, you will not be able to use the services provided by VREA or use certain features of the Websites.
5. Use of Your Personal Information : VREA may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, respond to your communications, provide services to you, process transactions with you, facilitate and enhance your use of the Websites and as otherwise permitted by law. VREA may develop a confidential profile for you, which will be used to provide services to you and facilitate your use of the Websites. Additionally, VREA may keep a record of all communications with you.
6. Emails from VREA – If you contact VREA by email or otherwise indicate that you would like to receive email from VREA, then VREA may send to you, from time to time, email or other communications containing information about VREA and the Websites and other matters VREA believes will interest you. At any time you may ask VREA to stop sending you email and other information by sending your request by email. Also, each email VREA sends to you will tell you how to decline further unsolicited email. From time to time VREA may also send to you email containing important information regarding the Websites, which you may not opt out of receiving.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information : VREA may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances and as otherwise permitted by applicable law:
(a) Disclosure to Authorizing Persons – If you use a Website on behalf of another person or organization (such as your employer), VREA may provide your personal information to that authorizing person/organization. VREA has no control over the use of your personal information by the authorizing person/organization, and that use is not subject to this Policy. If you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to the person/organization on whose behalf you use a Website, you may not use the Websites.
(b) Discussion Forum Disclosures : If you voluntarily submit or post materials to a Website discussion forum, certain of your personal information may be automatically included in the posting, including without limitation your user name and email address. VREA has no control over, or liability for, the collection, use or disclosure of any posted materials or your included personal information by users of the Website, and their use and disclosure of the posted materials and your personal information is not subject to this Policy. If you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to other Website users, you may not post materials to the Website discussion forum.
(c) Disclosure to Affiliates Agents and Suppliers : VREA may provide your personal information to its affiliates, agents, suppliers and service providers (such as credit card service providers) for use in connect with matters relating to your use of the Websites or the provision of services to you. VREA requires its affiliates, agents, suppliers and service providers to agree to use your personal information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. If at any time you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed to certain or any other persons, please notify VREA\’s Privacy Office; however, this may affect your ability to use the Websites or receive services from VREA.
(d) Disclosure in Business Transfers : VREA may be involved in the sale or transfer of some or all of its business. As part of that sale or transfer, VREA may disclose your personal information to the acquiring organization, but will require the acquiring organization to agree to protect the privacy of your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. VREA has no liability for the acquiring organization’s use and disclosure of your personal information. If at any time you do not wish VREA to disclose your personal information as part of the sale or transfer of some or all of its business, please send your request by email.
(e) Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure : VREA may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information or where VREA has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to its legal counsel. VREA has no control over, or liability for, those persons’ use and disclosure of your personal information, and that use and disclosure is not subject to this Policy.
8. Depersonalized Information : VREA may use personal information to create non-personal information regarding the use of the Websites and related services. VREA may then disclose that non-personal information to other persons and permanently retain that non-personal information for future use.
9. Business Contact Information : To the extent permitted by law, the provisions of this Policy concerning “personal information” do not apply to information (such as your personal name, position or title, business address, business telephone number, business fax number and business email address) which enable you to be contacted at a place of business.
10. Location of Information : VREA will store and process your personal information in British Columbia, Canada.
11. Securing Your Information – To help protect the confidentiality of your personal information, VREA employs reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Nevertheless, security risks cannot be eliminated and VREA cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be used or disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy.
12. Accessing Your Personal Information – You may request access to your personal information and information about VREA’s collection, use and disclosure of that information by sending your request by email. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information within a reasonable time, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. VREA attempts to keep its records as accurate and complete as possible. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information.
13. Other Web Sites – The Websites may contain links to other web sites or Internet resources, including websites operated by other persons. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another web site. VREA has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other websites or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
15. Former Users – If you stop using the Websites or your permission to use the Websites is terminated, VREA may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this Policy as amended from time to time. However, if you want VREA to stop sending you unsolicited email and other information, please send your request by email.
16. Policy Changes – To accommodate changes in the Websites, changing technology, and legal developments, this Policy may be changed from time to time in VREA’s discretion and without any prior notice or liability to you or any other person. New versions of this Policy will be posted here. VREA’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal information will be governed by the version of this Policy in effect at that time. Your continued dealings with VREA or your use of the Websites subsequent to any changes to this Policy will signify your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the changed Policy. Accordingly, when you use the Websites you should check the date of this Policy and review any changes since the last version. You should also bookmark this page and periodically review this Policy to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version.
17. Your Comments – If you have any comments or questions about this Policy or your personal information, please send your comments by email or by mail to the Privacy Officer at 609-10655 NE 4th St, Bellevue, WA USA, 98004